Membership and Benefit
How to become a member of RUB Research School and how to get access to the offers?
From November 2012 onwards all enrolled doctoral researchers on campus are members of RUB Research School. As enrolled doctoral researcher you can easily get access to RUB Research School offers by registration to RUB Research School database. After your registration you will have full access to all offers and will be welcomed by a “Welcome Letter”.
As a registered member RUB-RS is offering you a wide variety of research-related training and of career- and skills-oriented courses which are either organized by the faculties or by the CCO. If you are looking for courses on research methods outside your own faculty, if you want to widen your perspective by learning what other disciplines have to say with respect to your own research topic or if you are searching for career guidance then RUB-RS is the institution with which you should register.
What are your benefits?
RUB Research School facilitates your research qualification as early career researchers and supports your professional careers in- and outside academia. You will profit from:
- an international and interdisciplinary research environment with research-related training in 20 faculties and research programmes
- special interdisciplinary events of RUB Research School to communicate in science beyond disciplinary borders: Research Day and Science College
- training in scientific communication and management skills to profile your career
- career guidance to prepare for your career right in time in- and outside academia
- counseling offers on planning and funding of your doctorate to support you right from the beginning
- special support for international doctoral researchers
- Full compatibility with disciplinary doctoral training programmes on campus: Doctoral researchers who participate in existing doctoral training programmes on campus (e.g. GSCB, IGB, IDS, IGSN or other “Promotionsstudiengänge”) can fully combine their activities and requirements of the doctoral training programmes for the RUB Research School Certificate. The activities of the RUB Research School programme can also be acknowledged for other doctoral training programmes on campus. The latter is regulated by the respective doctoral programmes, please contact the person in charge.
- RUB Research School Certificate
- RUB RSplus funding opportunities to establish your international research networks, As a registered member of RUB-RS you are entitled to apply for funds of RUB-RSplus, an Excellence Initiative project of RUB, to promote internationalization of doctoral research with an annual budget of 1.5 mio. € p.a.
You are not enrolled at RUB?
Doctoral researchers who are not yet enrolled at RUB are asked to enroll first. With your enrolment you will become a member of RUB Research School. Please note that from winter term 2012/13 onwards all doctoral researchers have to be enrolled at RUB.