Time: 09:00 - 13:00 hrs
Trainer: Selina Feiler-Brazda
Participants: max. 12 persons
Credit Point: acknowledged with 0,25 CP for RUB-RS Certificate
The workshop is particularly suitable for
Doctoral students who are aiming for a position in the German industry after their doctorate. Based on the fact that a growing number of companies – not only the international ones - publish job advertisements in English, the workshop will highlight the requirements for convincing application documents and explain how to be successful with your application and how to deal with any problem that may arise.
This workshop provides essential information and proven tips on how to apply for jobs in Germany that are written in English - starting with the German labor market’s development towards English applications followed by the importance of job and company research and how to prepare a convincing CV and Cover Letter. Examples of the most relevant aspects will be given, and individual questions on behalf of the participants will be answered - always with concrete reference to currently valid requirements and trends on the application market.
The following topics and questions will be discussed during the workshop:
- Why do English applications grow in importance within the German labor market?
- Finding and analyzing suitable job advertisements?
- How to create a Curriculum Vitae? Which information has to be included?
- How to write a Cover Letter? Which information has to be included?
- What are the differences between English applications for the German labor market and the international labor market?
- Practical exercises and discussing the most important questions on the part of the participants
Ann-Christin Terheggen is an experienced advisor and long-time professional in terms of creating German and English application documents. She has been working for the Bochum-based webschmiede GmbH since 2015, which offers numerous services around the topics of career and application, and knows the latest application trends through close contacts with companies: https://www.die-bewerbungsschreiber.de
Please click here to register for the workshop: REGISTRATION
After you logged in for the registration you can identify the workshop by the first four characters (e.g. Wr_01, Pr_01) together with title and date.