Lore Agnes Fellowship
The Lore Agnes Fellowship explicitly supports international female postdocs with children. It is endowed with 2,000€ per month for a research stay at RUB for up to six months. This should enable the entire family to travel to Bochum. A broad network of closely cooperating institutions and services will help to make the stay as pleasant and profitable as possible:
- RUB Welcome Centre: Always there when it comes to finding an accommodation, visa isues, authorities visits, opening bank account, etc.
- Child Care: RUB has two kindergartens on campus and our staff will help on all matters regarding family issues.
- Women Professors Forum: RUB's female professors will help to find a female mentor who will provide her knowledge and network
- Department of Research: Staff will gladly advise on choosing and applying for various international and national funding bodies to realize a longer postdoc stay (or more) at RUB.
- RUB Research School: Take part in our broad qualification and interdisciplinary event program tailored to the specific needs of doctoral and postdoctoral researchers.
This fellowship is funded by means that we were able to raise through the Lore Agnes Program. By supporting selected projects, RUB's rector honors the commitment of faculties, chairs, departments, divisions, and institutions in the field of equality.
The Lores Agnes Fellowship has been established to support international female postdoctoral researchers with children. We want to encourage this target group to come to Bochum with their entire family and, thus, support the already demanding life of a researching parent as best we can. In doing so, we are counteracting our clearly noticeable finding that only very few female postdocs have applied for our incoming funding lines to date.
RUB Research School grants two Lore-Agnes-Fellowship per year with a monthly payment of 2,000€. The individual funding period may last up to 6 months.
International female postdoctoral researcher with child(ren) from all fields and countries
If possible, two female postdoctoral researchers, one subject-specific and one non-subject specific, will review the application. RUB Research School's Executive Board finally decides about the fellowship based on the reviews and its own evaluation.
Two calls a year: Application deadlines on November 15 and June 15.