Project International = PR.INT
If you have a concrete international project in mind, PR.INT is the right funding opportunity to apply for. Possible projects are:
- Research stays and lab visits
- Field research
- Inviting guest scientists to RUB
- Conference/workshop/summer school participations within a “PR.INT package” (see below under special cases)
Please note that funding for the organisation of conferences, workshops and summer schools must now be applied for via PR.INT Event.
Please feel free to apply with different international projects by choosing the project type "other" in the application form. We highly encourage you to develop innovative projects that might not fit the above mentioned categories.
All applications have to be written in English and in a way that they are also comprehensible for non-experts. Please contact Dr. Sarah Gemicioglu if you have questions.
- By choosing the project type "package application" it is also possible to combine two or even more international projects (e.g. a research stay with a conference/workshop/summer school participation, BUT you cannot combine only conferences, workshops and summer schools).
- Usually, conference/workshop/summer school participations have to be active (poster or talk).
- If a group of doctoral researchers wants to do the same project at the same time and place, every applicant has to hand in their own application. In these applications, please explain why you travel in a group. Please contact Sarah Gemicioglu if you are planning a group project.
The aim of PR.INT is to give doctoral researchers the opportunity to establish and expand their
If you apply for PR.INT, you have to calculate your budget as precise as possible, given the time period between your application and the beginning of your project.
Please check our expenditure guide to see which costs you can apply for. There is no funding amount limit.
Every enrolled doctoral researcher at Ruhr University, registered in the Research School Database can apply for PR.INT.
Please contact Nena Nikolic if you want to know which activities can be credited with how many CP.
Master’s students are not eligible for our funding lines. However, master’s students have the opportunity to fund research stays abroad via LabExchange by inSTUDIESplus. With inSTUDIESplus, doctoral researchers who apply for PR.INT funding can integrate master’s students into their projects.
The reviewers will evaluate all applications according to the following criteria:
Your application contains the following documents:
PR.INT Applications are evaluated first by two doctoral researchers – one from your discipline, another from a different field. The reviewers reports and your application are then analysed by the ECR Board, who gives a funding recommendation to the Executive Board. Subsequently the Executive Board makes the final decision on your application.
You want to become a reviewer? Click here!
Apply and Deadlines
Apply and Deadlines
You can access the application form here.
For more information on the reimbursement procedure for PR.INT applications please click here.
According to "Landesreisekostengesetz NRW": Six month after doing your international project, all claims to reimbursement are void and earlier payments (advanced payment) will have to be paid back, if you do not make a declaration of your costs. Please make your final reimbursement shortly after finishing your project.
Take a look at international projects funded by Research School PLUS here.