Your doctorate can prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities both inside and outside academia. In addition to your highly developed research expertise, your personal skill sets are important for your future career. Research School offers you information and support on career planning. Our offers intend to support you already from an early stage in your doctorate and will facilitate you in gaining orientation and taking independent steps to plan your own career.
Research School and RUB offer you numerous opportunities to actively develop your personal and professional career-related skills. Dedicated activities help you to plan and become familiar with career perspectives way before completing your doctorate.
Research School offers you:
- Workshops on personal competencies - allow you to build a profile of your personal skills and to gain first insights into career- related skills
- Research Career Day - provides knowledge and experience on how to start a research career
- Wirtschaftskolleg – discuss professional experience outside academia with alumni and experts
- Dialogue. Science meets business - discuss current career-relevant topics and trends in business and society with a distinguished personality
- Site Visits – get insights into career profiles and work atmosphere on site
Here you can find further career-related offers within RUB
- Mentoring programs
- RUB Career Service
- WORLDFACTORY (Transfer/Entrepreneurship/Start Up)
- btS Live Sciences Studierendeninitiative e.V. Bochum - also for doctoral researchers