Support for Your Teaching
For support in the area of teaching, Ruhr-Universität Bochum offers postdocs a wide range of support services through the Centre for Teaching and Learning (ZfW). The main topics are general university didactics, e-learning, and didactics of writing. In all three areas, both personal consultation and attending training sessions are possible.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning supports you in the following areas:
- General university didactics, e.g.
- How do I engage students?
- How do I organize learning in groups?
- How can I use my voice effectively in teaching?
- How can I design exams?
- E-Learning, e.g.
- What possibilities does Moodle offer for teaching and how do I use them?
- What features support the delivery and facilitation of my online seminars?
- How can I use communication and collaboration tools in my teaching to promote learning?
- Didactics of writing, e.g.
- How do I support subject-specific learning through writing assignments?
- How can I meaningfully guide, supervise, and assess student work (assignments, essays, etc.)?
In addition to advice and training, the ZfW also offers a wide range of further information on the design of teaching on its website. In addition, you can obtain student support from the ZfW, especially for the implementation of e-learning, and raise money for e-learning projects.
Basic and advanced qualification offers in university didactics are offered by the Centre for Teaching and Learning (ZfW) of RUB including a certificate in university didactics recognized in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Individual support for your teaching is offered by the Centre for Teaching and Learning (ZfW) of RUB including offers like teaching portfolios, teaching observations and one-on-one video coaching.