When it comes to provide support in the area of teaching, RUB offers a wide range of services for researchers through the Center for Teaching and Learning. The main topics are general university didactics, e-learning and, didactics of writing. In all three areas, both personal consultation and attendnin on-site training sessions are possible. Among other things, the Center for Teaching and Learning offers individual coaching for the development of teaching portfolios for applications - including applications for appointment procedures.
The Center for Teaching and Learning supports researchers in the areas of:
- general university didactics, e.g.:
- How do I activate students?
- How do I organize learning in groups?
- How can I use my voice properly in teaching? How can I design exams?
- E-learning, e.g.:
- What possibilities does Moodle offer for teaching and how do I use them?
- What features support the delivery and facilitation of my online seminars?
- How can I use communication and collaboration tools to promote learning in my teaching?
- Didactics of writing, e.g.:
- How do I support subject-specific learning through writing assignments?
- How can I guide, supervise, and assess student work (assignments, essays, etc.) in a meaningful way?
In addition to personal consultation and training, the Center for Teaching and Learning also provides a wide range of further information on the design of teaching on its homepage. Furthermore, it offers student support, especially for the implementation of e-learning, and teachers can raise money for e-learning projects.
Basic and advanced qualification offers in university didactics are offered by the Centre for Teaching and Learning of RUB including a certificate in university didactics recognized in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Individual support for your teaching is offered by the Centre for Teaching and Learning of RUB including offers like individual coaching for teaching portfolios, teaching observations and one-on-one video coaching.