All RUB doctoral and postdoctoral researchers are cordially invited to meet more than 40 alumni of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation who have spent research stays at renowned institutions all around the world.
Take this great opportunity and discuss:
- the impact of going abroad as a postdoc for a career in- and outside academia
- personal experiences of staying abroad
- how to plan and realise international research stays
Experts from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation help with information about funding programmes on-site!
27.10.2023 | 12:00 – 13:30 h | Veranstaltungszentrum RUB, Saal 1
The meeting starts with an informal networking session framed by the research areas Natural Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Social Sciences & Humanities. You will have the opportunity to connect one-on-one with individual AvH alumni to
- talk about experiences in different countries and cultures
- chat about personal motivations & personal decisions
- explore what it means to enter another research system but also to live in different countries – abroad or in Germany
In the following joint discussion, alumni of the AvH share their experience about:
- the long-term impact of research stays abroad for their careers in and outside academia
- building international networks & gaining international visibility
- developing individual & academic profiles by spending time abroad
- writing applications for international mobility
RUB Research School together with the Deutsche Gesellschaft der Humboldtianer e.V. are very much looking forward to all the interesting and important questions you will bring.
You are most welcome just to come by (also without registration).
You are also most welcome to join the “Jahrestagung of the Deutsche Gesellschaft der Humboldtianer e.V.” on the topic “Panta Rei” in the afternoon of 27.10.2023 at the same place.