With PR.INT Event, you can organize your own international event at RUB. This can be a conference, a workshop, a symposium, or a summer school.
The aim of PR.INT Event is to give our doctoral researchers the opportunity to establish and expand their own international network and to internationalize their research. The funding line intends to increase the visibility of both researchers and RUB alike. Our doctoral researchers are given the opportunity to organize highly individual events based on their needs to benefit their research.
You can submit an application as a single applicant or as a group with other doctoral students. All applications have to be written in English.
Read more about the doctoral researchers who have been funded since 2020 and their international events and get inspired.
There is no fixed funding scheme for your event. Please develop an adequate budget plan and submit it with your application. The funding covers the following costs:
- Travel and accommodation costs for speakers
- If the application is approved, an overhead of 10% will be granted on top for marketing and organizational matters (e.g. flyers, posters, student assistant).
Every enrolled doctoral researcher at RUB can apply for PR.INT Event.
You should have obtained at least 4 credit points with the Research School qualification program, or with a structured doctoral program such as IGB, IDS or GSCB. You must also be able to finish your project before your final doctoral examination. Activities as teaching and talks at conferences can be credited. Please contact Nena Nikolic if you want to know which activities can be credited with how many CPs.
The reviewers will evaluate all applications according to the following criteria:
- Formal completeness of the application
- General comprehensibility for non-experts
- Scientific quality and general significance of the event
- Significance and impact of the event on your doctoral project as a whole
- Impact of the event on your international network & visibility
- Sustainable impact of the event on RUB’s international network & visibility
- Reasonable specification of costs
Your application contains the following documents:
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation from your first supervisor (In the case of a group application from all applicants)
- A detailed budget plan
- A conference program
- A list of the planned guests, indicating the status of the invitation
- Letters of commitment by the guests (if applicable)
You can access the online application form here.
There are two deadlines per year, one in spring and one in summer. Please see the deadlines for 2022:
- March 16 (estimated decision in early July)
- September 14 (estimated decision in mid-January)
Please bear in mind that no backdated funding can be granted and that your event can only begin after a positive funding decision by the Executive Board.