RUB Research School offers a broad program of various funding lines to enable international mobility for RUB's early career researchers. We support you to do your Research Around the World. We provide you with funding opportunities to gain international experience abroad or on our campus, as we want you to create your own international network as early as possible in your career. This also includes the possibility for international researchers to be invited to RUB. Funding lines are open for all research areas. You may apply for multiple grants and we encourage you to combine different funding lines to expand your research experience and network.
Let our Map on International Research Activities “MIRA” of manifold completed research activities inspire you!
Here is a Quick Overview of Our International Funding Lines for Doctoral Researchers.
All information on the application process and contact information for further questions can be found on the pages of the respective funding lines. You may also want to take a look at the projects we funded so far.
Outgoing Funding Lines
- Project International (PR.INT) – your project funding for international research activities, such as research stays, field research, lab visits, archive visits, and conference participations
- International Realization Budget (IRB) – your personal funding for your individual internationalization concept
- Gateway fellowship (GF) – individual stipend for your first postdoc research stay abroad right after finishing your doctorate at RUB
- Further funding opportunities with funding sources other than Research School
Incoming Funding Lines
- Project International (PR.INT) – your project funding for the invitation of international guest scientists
- Project International (PR.INT Event) – your funding for the organization of your own conference or event here on campus
- Visiting International Professor (VIP) – international senior researchers supporting postgraduate education at RUB
- PhD Exchange (PhD.X) – doctoral researchers from partner institution join RUB for up to six months
- Further funding opportunities with sources other than Research School
Please find the contact information of the each program on the website of the respective funding line.
Additional Services to Help You Realize Your Activity:
- If you plan traveling with children or look for family support, we will be glad to support you! Please get in touch with the respective program managers of each funding line.
- If you would like to include a Master’s student in your research activities abroad, please have a look at the funding Line LabExchange of inSTUDIES.
- RUB’s Welcome Center for international (young) researchers is looking forward to assisting our incoming guests when it comes to finding accommodation, opening a bank account, or making public authorities visits.